Writing Workshops - Descriptions
Business Writing Essentials
A condensed one-day version of the two-day Business Writing for Results workshop, Business Writing Essentials teaches participants how to structure communications for their audiences and write clear, effective memos, emails, reports, and other business documents. Students will discover how to write strategically and how to avoid common problems that impede inexperienced writers.
The Business Writing Essentials workshop involves lectures and hands-on exercises, allowing students to practice what they learn and receive immediate feedback from their peers and the instructor.
- All persons who want to learn the essentials of writing effective basic business correspondence
- Anyone who wants to tackle a variety of business writing tasks with confidence and to generate results
- Knowing your audience
- Organizing information hierarchically
- Adopting the appropriate structure
- Persuading your readers
- Using the correct tone
- Writing paragraphs and sections
- Devising topic statements
- Prioritizing information
- Walking readers through your text
- Developing a strong business-writing style
How does the Business Writing Essentials workshop differ from the Business Writing for Results workshop?
The Business Writing Essentials workshop offers an excellent, compact overview of the primary requirements to write successfully on the job. It is conducted in one day whereas Business Writing for Results is conducted over two days and covers topics similar to those above but in more depth. The two-day workshop also allows students greater opportunity to practice what they learn and to discuss their writing experiences with other students.